One can’t deny the profound joy there is in having children.
However, anyone who thinks having kids is all magical and fun is wrong. As they grow, these bundles of joy grow into toddlers who tend to make a mess whenever they go. In addition to the daily sight of toys scattered all over your place, there will also be the occasional spills and stains on your floor—with your carpets included.
More often than not, these stains involve a toy they’re obsessing with these days: slime. Although interactive and fun, this can easily get everywhere and when it does, it’s seriously difficult to remove from your carpet.
It would’ve been easy to call a professional carpet cleaner in Singapore, only if you hadn’t hired their services in the past month for the same reason.
But, don’t worry! There’s an alternative way which can also be pretty effective in removing slime from your carpet:
Scrape Off Excess Slime – Using a spoon, scoop as much slime as you can from the carpet. Then, scrape off the excess with a knife, scraping from the outside to the centre.
Make a Cleaning Solution – Mix two parts of vinegar with one part of water and spray just enough solution to soak the slime on the carpet. Use a soft-bristled brush to loosen the slime.
Blot Dry the Stain – Blot the spot dry with a clean, dry towel and repeat the process until the slime is completely removed. Once dry, you can then vacuum and clean the entire carpet as usual.
Besides slime, there are many other stains that you’ll likely encounter when you have a toddler at home. Below are some of them along with some cleaning and removal tips.
1. Coloured Drinks – Food dyes make coloured drinks attractive to kids but they’re also the cause of the stains in your carpet. To remove them:
2. Chocolate – When faced with a chocolate stain, scoop up as much residue as possible, then vacuum any dry particles. Afterwards:
3. Chewing Gum – Chewing gums may be found to help your kids improve their memory and focus, but when they’re stuck on your carpet, they’re nothing but an eyesore. Here’s how to remove them:
4. Blood – When cleaning up bloodstain, the most essential tip to remember is to always work with cold water. It will keep it from soaking deeper into the fibres.
5. Ink Stains – It’s delightful to see your toddler learning how to write his first letters, but you should expect an ink spill at one point or another. Make sure that you’re ready:
Remove Carpet Stains with Professional Clean Care
If no home remedy seems to work, you can always count on Clean Care to get the job done!
Our carpet shampoo services in Singapore have helped countless parents to protect their investments in carpeting by removing such toddler-caused stains and keeping them in top shape. Our methods are proven to remove even the toughest and oldest of stains so you can rest assured that your carpet will look as good as the day it’s installed.
Contact us today to get your complimentary quotation!